Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dinner Idea: Southwest Mac n Cheese

Tonight I cooked and served up my most original recipe yet: Southwest Mac n Cheese.

I LOVE mac n cheese. So when I saw a recipe with a similar title in a cookbook I love, I just HAD to give it a try.  Problem was, I didn't appreciate that recipe enough. :)  It had ingredients I didn't think were wholesome enough, and it seemed kind of... boring. But the IDEA was excellent!

So, I took my own regular homemade mac n cheese recipe and added a bunch of delicious things to it--black beans, corn, chili peppers, and bell peppers.  I also added chili powder and just a bit of seasoning salt to bring out the flavors.  In the end it needed a bit more flavor from the spices, but this recipe was a great start!

I was just playing around with it tonight, in terms of quantities, so I didn't take any accurate measurements.  I'll make this recipe again in a few weeks and actually measure things, so I can post a recipe for everyone to enjoy!


1 comment: