Monday, January 9, 2012

Long Walks

Long walks are good for the soul.

At a time where my heart sometimes feels overwhelmed by different circumstances, I know I can take refuge in the peace, quiet, and sometimes solitude of a long walk. The exercise is good for my body, the fresh air good for my spirit. I might spend half the walk thinking, praying, crying, and whatnot, but I ALWAYS return home refreshed.


A hot shower afterward sure helps as well!

Today I walked for two hours. (!) I sometimes forget that the "Square Mile" takes that long to walk. It was icy, chilly, and I slipped and fell (and nearly lost my phone) once, but I am so glad I went. Further reason I hope to eventually move closer to the country again! I don't like having to drive for 20-30 minutes to go on such walks.


1 comment:

  1. Aww...I'm so glad that you had a chance to get out and relax! Even with the slipping and falling, it still sounds invigorating!

    ReplyDelete