Thursday, January 12, 2012

Live With No Regrets

Today the world lost a special young guy. This song he wrote and sang touches my heart with a message of how I want to live my life.


A year ago tomorrow, Jason's (my husband) dad also passed away. So lots of remembering going on right now. Reflecting on life and living it in a way that brings glory to God. I want to live my life in a way that leaves no regrets.

The Lord can call us home at any time. As Shawn was fighting for his life in Utah, I sat playing a computer game on Facebook. Even at the time I realized how trivial that was, and even though I was praying as I mindlessly clicked the mouse button, part of me wondered if I could be doing something even better. Of course, there's always something better to be doing, although the Lord wouldn't frown upon a relaxing activity like a game as long as it does not consume my day.

Tomorrow, I get to wake up to another day, more than likely. Shawn does not. Curt Kisner does not. How can I spend my tomorrow in a way that, if the Lord were to call me home tomorrow night, I would be satisfied with what I've done and what I leave behind?


No comments:

Post a Comment