Friday, May 25, 2012

How to Save Practically Anything: Dog Food Bag

Okay. Maybe my newfound love of frugality is bordering on insanity. But, if it saves me money, I won't complain!

We buy 15.5 lb bags of food for Daisy.  It's just more economical, and it's usually on sale.  These bags have handy-dandy zipper tops on them.  Love it! Keeps the food really fresh.  We just finished the first of these bags recently.  About to throw it away, I set it aside and thought...


...this bag could be VERY handily re-purposed as a trash bag! Even better, when it's about full, I can ZIP it shut securely!


Looks kind of silly, but very effective!

It only gets one extra use, but a very worthwhile one.  Maybe saving myself ONE extra trash bag every couple of months doesn't save me dollars, but I also believe in making the most of every resource we are blessed with.  Plus, all of the little things add up in the end!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea! :) I would definitely use the bag for something as well :)

    ReplyDelete